Newcastle United Forum - Benitez Press Conference
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Keggy Keegal on Pardew saying we 'rebooted' - yeah we rebooted then Carver pressed Ctrl, Alt, Delete brought the task manager up and we could see Colo was using too much ram , so we ended the process and erm we're unlucky not to get something
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Man U MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Dubravka51%
Yedlin1%
Lascelles4%
Lejeune4%
Dummett1%
Ritchie3%
Shelvey31%
Diame3%
Kenedy0%
Perez0%
Gayle0%
Sub - Joselu2%
Sub - Atsu0%
Sub - Hayden0%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.crooktownmags50
2.Toon_NoMatterWot47
3.Mcnamee6728
4.Rexn26
5.keggy_keagal25
6.PieMag24
7.Harry's Boy22
8.Bruce6818
9.markylad7417
10.officemonkey15
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Benitez Press Conference
05 January 2018 15:00 Post ID: #486904
First Team Regular
Said he had a meeting last week about transfers and is waiting to hear from the hierarchy. Still does not know his budget.
Meanwhile Ashley and Charnley nowhere to be seen. Totally unacceptable unless a takeover is imminent.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 January 2018 15:26 Post ID: #486905 - in reply to #486904
First Team Regular
The Owl - 5/1/2018 15:00

Said he had a meeting last week about transfers and is waiting to hear from the hierarchy. Still does not know his budget.
Meanwhile Ashley and Charnley nowhere to be seen. Totally unacceptable unless a takeover is imminent.

That's why i'm confident a takeover will happen soon

There is no way any manager would wait until late December to have a meeting about transfer targets and budget in a January transfer window.
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 15:34 Post ID: #486906 - in reply to #486904
First Team Regular
I'm sure we've had transfer windows before under Ashley where the manager has had fuck all communication from the ignorant prick, this is nothing new under his tenure.
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 15:56 Post ID: #486907 - in reply to #486905
First Team Regular
PieMag - 5/1/2018 15:26

There is no way any manager would wait until late December to have a meeting about transfer targets and budget in a January transfer window.

Wish I shared your confidence, get a de ja vu moment coming on....
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 16:19 Post ID: #486908 - in reply to #486904
Star Player
As professional as ever is our Mike,i wish he would just fuck right off.
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 16:52 Post ID: #486910 - in reply to #486907
First Team Regular
daftladguy - 5/1/2018 15:56

My confidence is based on his statement of intent to sell the club guy.

“As a result of increasing press speculation regarding the future of Newcastle United, the owner of the club, St. James Holdings Limited, wishes to clarify its intentions.

“As one of the Premier League's oldest and best supported football clubs - and for the benefit of its many fans and supporters in the UK and across the world - Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future.

“To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale.

“To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.

“A process will now commence of identifying new ownership for the club that will be capable of delivering the sustained investment in and dedication to the club that is necessary for it to achieve its ambitions.”

That said I totally get your point,this is ASHLEY we are dealing with.

I just seriously question whether he is so petty that he would actually go this far and invest so much time and energy in constructing what would turn out to be to be a fairly elaborate wind up that involves other business people and the press, just to piss us off.

Edited by PieMag 5/1/2018 16:59
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 18:25 Post ID: #486919 - in reply to #486910
PieMag - 5/1/2018 16:52

daftladguy - 5/1/2018 15:56

My confidence is based on his statement of intent to sell the club guy.

“As a result of increasing press speculation regarding the future of Newcastle United, the owner of the club, St. James Holdings Limited, wishes to clarify its intentions.

“As one of the Premier League's oldest and best supported football clubs - and for the benefit of its many fans and supporters in the UK and across the world - Newcastle United requires a clear direction and a path to a bright and successful future.

“To give the club the best possible opportunity of securing the positioning and investment necessary to take it to the next level, at what is an important time in its history, its present ownership has determined that it is in the best interests of Newcastle United and its fans for the club to be put up for sale.

“To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.

“A process will now commence of identifying new ownership for the club that will be capable of delivering the sustained investment in and dedication to the club that is necessary for it to achieve its ambitions.”

That said I totally get your point,this is ASHLEY we are dealing with.

I just seriously question whether he is so petty that he would actually go this far and invest so much time and energy in constructing what would turn out to be to be a fairly elaborate wind up that involves other business people and the press, just to piss us off.

Keegan told us 8 years ago and the same still applies.

Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 18:44 Post ID: #486926 - in reply to #486904
First Team Regular
Rafa seemed relaxed and had a smile on his face. He knows something.
Like post
Like this post
05 January 2018 19:12 Post ID: #486931 - in reply to #486904
Star Player
I thought he looked a bit pissed off Owl and rightly so if it is true that he doesnt know whats going on at the most crucial stage of the season.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Newcastle United Fixtures  >>