Newcastle United Forum - Chelsea v NUFC
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Alan Shearer - "I would play in any number shirt for Newcastle United, but the No 9 at Newcastle is something very special"
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Man City MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Darlow42%
Manquillo0%
Hayden0%
Lascelles0%
Clark0%
Dummett33%
Murphy25%
Shelvey0%
Diame0%
Atsu0%
Joselu0%
Sub - Perez0%
Sub - Yedlin0%
Sub - Gayle0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Rexn126
2.Toon_NoMatterWot112
3.PieMag104
4.crooktownmags97
5.markylad7462
6.Mcnamee6751
7.The Owl49
8.Bruce6838
9.The Pyrry38
10.ukrocks000738
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (3): 1 2
Chelsea v NUFC
03 December 2017 10:08 Post ID: #485567 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
I think we can all agree that the gulf in class was obvious against Man U,Spurs and Chelsea.

Can anyone hand on heart state this was the case against

West Brom,Watford,Bournemouth.Brighton,Burnley,Stoke ,Palace,Southampton,Swansea and Huddersfield ?
I have not caught up with the Liverpool match yet,was there a gulf in class ?

I know they got a point.

Rafa is piss poor for hiding behind the players by slagging them off on national TV

Especially when he arguably cost the club ELEVEN possible points through negative tactics.

Just look at the list above.

West Brom for example as the most recent and freshest in the mind, were CLEARLY two points lost because of HIS tactics,not a gulf in class.

He's doing a Pardew but getting away with it at the moment because a substantial but diminishing amount of our support are/were starstruck by his past successes and ultimately yet again,outmanoeuvred by Ashley.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
03 December 2017 10:25 Post ID: #485568 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
Fair point. Rafa's not beyond criticism and playing Diame is inexcusable. It's aright trying to make a point against Chelsea by playing shit players but not against West Brom. We really should be on 25/26 points by now as we've played all the poor teams. I can't see more than 1/2 points from Leicester and Everton and you can forget Arsenal. Same old shit different manager. Welcome to life as a toon fan.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 11:29 Post ID: #485569 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
Our current form mirrors Swansea and look where they are.
Ritchie a disaster as a wingback and I think he needs a rest. Runs around a lot but predictable.
Diame should not be anywhere the team and Perez is disappointing.
Laselles obviously missed, Lejeune becoming disappointing and both full back positions need attention.
Up front not a great threat and we are picking or more often missing scraps.
I don't know if Rafa would be as negative with a better squad but he certainly is with this lot. Does not use subs well, normally on too late and you can question the choice.
Real struggle upcoming, Leicester improving and so are Everton whereas we are going in the opposite direction.
The takeover is taking an age and you wonder if it will happen, although Ashley will not want another relegation and a fall in the purchase price. He would be better taking what he can get now.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 12:30 Post ID: #485570 - in reply to #485567
Academy
PieMag - 3/12/2017 10:08

I think we can all agree that the gulf in class was obvious against Man U,Spurs and Chelsea.

West Brom,Watford,Bournemouth.Brighton,Burnley,Stoke ,Palace,Southampton,Swansea and Huddersfield ?

I know they got a point.

Rafa is piss poor for hiding behind the players by slagging them off on national TV

Especially when he arguably cost the club ELEVEN possible points through negative tactics.

West Brom for example as the most recent and freshest in the mind, were CLEARLY two points lost because of HIS tactics,not a gulf in class.

He's doing a Pardew but getting away with it at the moment because a substantial but diminishing amount of our support are/were starstruck by his past successes and ultimately yet again,outmanoeuvred by Ashley.

There was a definite gulf in class against Man Utd and Chelsea, they battered us, as they have more often than not since Jesus was a lad.

I don't think the gulf in class showed on the day against Spurs until Shelvey acted the twat, we were in the game and they didn't take the lead until after the hour mark, nearly fifteen minutes after having an extra man. Although the table at the end of the season will demonstrate there is a gulf in class.

All the other games were close, some we won, some some lost, some we drew. Apart from the Watford game, they battered us. But then you omitted the West Ham game where we battered them.

It's a pity the one game you haven't caught up with was the one where we got a point against one of the "big 6", two months ago.

How convenient

So there you have it, newly promoted team with minimal investment in topsy turvy season shocker. Not sure why anyone would have expected anything else.

As for the diminishing support for the manager, not sure where you get that from. A couple of dissenting voices on a messageboard used by about 20 people doesn't really count. Yes, we can have our frustrations with team selection, subs, tactics etc etc, but hasn't that always been the case? At every club? With every? manager?

Diminishing support, don't be daft

Edited by Neppos 3/12/2017 12:31
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 12:52 Post ID: #485572 - in reply to #485568
First Team Regular
vin1892 - 3/12/2017 10:25

We really should be on 25/26 points by now as we've played all the poor teams.

Spot on.

Worse still those poorer teams were definitely not better than us.

As the manager Benitez is to blame,yet he chooses to blame the players.

I don't subscribe to the idea he is trying to plant a subliminal message into ashley's hard head thereby forcing him to spend in the next transfer window.

That would make no sense whatsoever,not least for his career.

Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 12:53 Post ID: #485573 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
You do talk nonsense Neppos.

No offence like
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 13:13 Post ID: #485574 - in reply to #485471
Academy
Pie, you don't honestly think I could ever be offended by a boycotter from Plymouth, do ya?
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 13:21 Post ID: #485575 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
Ich bin von Newcastle
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 16:10 Post ID: #485576 - in reply to #485570
Neppos - 3/12/2017 12:30

I know they got a point.

There was a definite gulf in class against Man Utd and Chelsea, they battered us, as they have more often than not since Jesus was a lad.

I don't think the gulf in class showed on the day against Spurs until Shelvey acted the twat, we were in the game and they didn't take the lead until after the hour mark, nearly fifteen minutes after having an extra man. Although the table at the end of the season will demonstrate there is a gulf in class.

All the other games were close, some we won, some some lost, some we drew. Apart from the Watford game, they battered us. But then you omitted the West Ham game where we battered them.

It's a pity the one game you haven't caught up with was the one where we got a point against one of the "big 6", two months ago.

How convenient

So there you have it, newly promoted team with minimal investment in topsy turvy season shocker. Not sure why anyone would have expected anything else.

As for the diminishing support for the manager, not sure where you get that from. A couple of dissenting voices on a messageboard used by about 20 people doesn't really count. Yes, we can have our frustrations with team selection, subs, tactics etc etc, but hasn't that always been the case? At every club? With every? manager?

Diminishing support, don't be daft :17:

I actually think this is spot on in my opinion for what that's worth.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 20:57 Post ID: #485579 - in reply to #485471
First Team Regular
get lost man
Like post
Like this post
04 December 2017 01:21 Post ID: #485582 - in reply to #485576
Academy
Toon_NoMatterWot - 3/12/2017 16:10

Neppos - 3/12/2017 12:30

I know they got a point.

How convenient

Diminishing support, don't be daft :17:

I actually think this is spot on in my opinion for what that's worth. :17:

Second best post in the thread, and no mistake
Like post
Like this post
Pages (3): 1 2
Jump to forum:
Newcastle United Fixtures  >>