Newcastle United Forum - Yearly Awards And Other Stuff
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Welcome to Talk Of The Tyne - sign up, join in!
- (Added by: ken_nufc)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None5%
1-312%
4 or 540%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan143
2.Toon_NoMatterWot92
3.MickMartin38
4.Mcnamee6730
5.The Pyrry28
6.billybobcat26
7.crooktownmags22
8.The Owl20
9.Harry's Boy17
10.Gillyboat15
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Yearly Awards And Other Stuff
09 May 2017 12:18 Post ID: #479709
They've all done it, social media, the papers and the telly, so I suppose we may as well have a go.

Categories are.......

Player of the Season:

Most Improved Player:

Moment of the Season:

Team Performance of the Season (in one game):

Player Performance of the Season (in one game):

Best opposition Player Performance:

What Should Happen Now:

What You Think Will Happen Now:

Where Do You Think NUFC Will Finish Next Season/What Is The Priority:

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
09 May 2017 12:18 Post ID: #479710 - in reply to #479709
I'll do mine later but I know my answers.
Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 13:38 Post ID: #479714 - in reply to #479709
Player of the Season: Matt Ritchie, dragged us to the title these last few weeks

Most Improved Player: Across the season I thought you could see Yedlin grow into a decent attacking Right Back, and also Hayden, who every time he was absent you saw his reputation improve.

Moment of the Season: the 4-3 against Norwich

Team Performance of the Season (in one game): Away to Brighton, no forwards ? No problem , a Rafa masterclass .

Player Performance of the Season (in one game): one that probably won't be mentioned as he's been bang average across the year but I thought was just incredible when everything and the ref was against us was Darlow vs Forest .

Best opposition Player Performance: Lansbury's was Oscar and Bafta winning

What Should Happen Now: Rafa reassured , sensible team and squad building towards a lower mid table finish and a proper go in the cups.

What You Think Will Happen Now: Toss about all summer Rafa walks , Joe Kinnear joins us 3 days before the season starts and announces he's going to sign "that cunt Messi" .

Where Do You Think NUFC Will Finish Next Season/What Is The Priority: The priority is if Ashley won't go for him not to meddle. Should finish about 12th .

Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 19:21 Post ID: #479719 - in reply to #479709
Academy
Toon_NoMatterWot - 9/5/2017 12:18

They've all done it, social media, the papers and the telly, so I suppose we may as well have a go.

Categories are.......

Player of the Season: Matt Ritchie

Most Improved Player: Hayden or Clark. Not convinced when we signed either

Moment of the Season: Brighton away or Norwich at home

Team Performance of the Season (in one game): Brighton away, half the country waiting for us to lose

Player Performance of the Season (in one game): Dwight Gayle at home to Norwich

Best opposition Player Performance: Pontus jansson at home to Leeds, seemed to be 2 of him!

What Should Happen Now: Rafa gets full control and at least 100mill to spend including player sales to consolidate next season

What You Think Will Happen Now: Ashley will piss Rafa off and pardew will probably return...

Where Do You Think NUFC Will Finish Next Season/What Is The Priority: anywhere between 11th and 16th - priority is Some stability and ambition - have a go at the cups I'm 33 seen us win nowt and am not overly hopeful either!!

Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 21:09 Post ID: #479720 - in reply to #479709
For what it's worth..........

Player of the Season: This is such a difficult question to answer because we all look for different things in a player. At the start we had Gayle scoring for fun and Shelvey being man of the match every week before things went a bit sour for both players with injury and suspension around December/New Year time. For consistency and importance, Id have to say Matt Ritchie came through for me in the end with Ciaran Clark not too far behind.

Most Improved Player: There can only be one verdict here but another couple of players who will be mentioned at the end of this for their improvement through the season. Obviously this is Ciaran Clark's category overall though.

A player that Aston Villa fans would have carried here for nowt but instead performed like he's been playing at the centre of our defence for years. An absolute rock that loses very little in the air. He is also very comfortable with the ball and isn't afraid to break out when the need arises.

Special mention to Gouffran who may have found his level but he put in some great shifts all season and had a few stand out games as well. The pick of the bunch for him probably being the title winning game as he must have won about 10 tackles as well as be involved in some excellent build up play.

Also special mention to Ayoze Perez. A player who has performed in patches for us in the premier league and was being spoken about as being in the £15m bracket. He fell away a little last year but coming into the second half of this season has improved massively. Some of his goals have been right up there and if he'd been playing for one of the sky clubs would be being lauded to the heavens.

Moment of the Season: Was the Norwich last 3 minutes until Sunday. Regardless of Ashley's shenanigans, what was witnessed wont ever be forgotten. It's banked in the success department.

Team Performance of the Season (in one game): On paper this is QPR but as I wasn't there, can't really judge on it although winning 6-0 means it wasn't a close run thing. Best performance live was probably at home to Birmingham where we really could have got 10 but then again, the Norwich home game could have seen us score 6 or 7 alone in the first half

Player Performance of the Season (in one game): This is so hard to answer because there's been a few but I'll go with Gayle when he could have got 8 at home to Norwich, instead having to make do with 3.

Best opposition Player Performance: That Ryan Sessegnon (spelling?) for Fulham up here, Couldn't believe how old he was after

What Should Happen Now: Ashley should tell the full truth to Rafa in what he expects out of Newcastle to benefit him. If Rafa thinks he can run us competitively to tick everyone's boxes then that'll be enough for me.

What You Think Will Happen Now: Assurances wont be guaranteed and it'll be a game of cat and mouse where we wont know much for ages against a backdrop of interest from Valencia dominating the papers. Rafa eventually giving it a go back in the premier to see what he can do with a limited budget before next Summer not getting the progressive lump sum that he thinks we should have. Then leaving.

Where Do You Think NUFC Will Finish Next Season/What Is The Priority: I dont think the priority will be that much apart between Ashley, Rafa and the majority of fans. The first season back will be to consolidate until Xmas and then see if we can go for a cup.

Like post
Like this post
10 May 2017 00:38 Post ID: #479723 - in reply to #479709
Academy
Toon_NoMatterWot - 9/5/2017 12:18

Categories are.......

From matches attended in certain circumstances:

Player of the Season: Ritchie, hands down

Most Improved Player: Clark

Moment of the Season: Perez winner at Brighton. Haven't celebrated a goal like it since Benfica away.

Team Performance of the Season (in one game): as above, wasn't at QPR.

Player Performance of the Season (in one game): could make a case for many on their day, Mitro away at Preston was immense.

Best opposition Player Performance: Sessegnon, ripped apart by a 16 year old.

What Should Happen Now:

What You Think Will Happen Now:

Where Do You Think NUFC Will Finish Next Season/What Is The Priority:

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: