Newcastle United Forum - The hard work starts noo.
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Sir Bobby "I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.”
- (Added by: ken_nufc)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None5%
1-312%
4 or 540%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan156
2.Toon_NoMatterWot95
3.MickMartin43
4.Mcnamee6731
5.The Pyrry28
6.billybobcat26
7.crooktownmags25
8.The Owl20
9.Harry's Boy18
10.Gillyboat15
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
The hard work starts noo.
08 May 2017 07:44 Post ID: #479660
First Team Squad
When does the transfer window actually open?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 May 2017 07:45 Post ID: #479661 - in reply to #479660
CuckFan - 8/5/2017 07:44

When does the transfer window actually open?

July 1st
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 07:55 Post ID: #479662 - in reply to #479660
First Team Regular
I think the closing day is more pertinent
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 08:03 Post ID: #479663 - in reply to #479662
McCreery - 8/5/2017 07:55

I dont think that will be so much of an issue this time round as surely enough will be spent to try to protect what we have at the very least. Keeping this bubble effect intact is the greatest task ahead.

Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 09:16 Post ID: #479666 - in reply to #479663
First Team Squad
Rafa tends to get in there early.

Just as well, as quite a number are going to have to be 'integrated'.

Best to have the majority in, BEFORE pre-season starts, not almost all the way through it.

July 1st, window opens. Pathetic. Should be able to sign players the moment all games in England have been played. It's about time we abolished the fucking thing!
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 09:40 Post ID: #479669 - in reply to #479660
First Team Regular
aye...I can see a lot of our top targets jumping to join us in the first couple of weeks of the window before they and their agents weigh up their options

Edited by McCreery 8/5/2017 09:41
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 09:49 Post ID: #479670 - in reply to #479663
First Team Regular
Toon_NoMatterWot - 8/5/2017 08:03

I dont think that will be so much of an issue this time round as surely enough will be spent to try to protect what we have at the very least. Keeping this bubble effect intact is the greatest task ahead.

Your theories as well as extraordinary faith in Ashley/Benitez are soon going to be put to the test toony.

From my perspective I've been here before (nine times).

The main message so far is that our expectations need to be managed.

So much for the "bubble effect".

Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 10:53 Post ID: #479672 - in reply to #479660
First Team Squad
As I said, Mc - Rafa likes to get the majority of his recruiting work done early.

I don't what his strategy for completing earlier than others is, having not being invited to the transfer deal talks, but it works.

I suspect for decent players it's 'your certain to get a game here', which some other clubs can't/don't offer.

And it's going to need to.
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 11:54 Post ID: #479676 - in reply to #479660
First Team Regular
aye CF....my cynicism isn't aimed at you obviously

we'll wait and see how it pans out
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 12:25 Post ID: #479678 - in reply to #479670
PieMag - 8/5/2017 09:49

Toon_NoMatterWot - 8/5/2017 08:03

Your theories as well as extraordinary faith in Ashley/Benitez are soon going to be put to the test toony.

From my perspective I've been here before (nine times).

The main message so far is that our expectations need to be managed.

So much for the "bubble effect".

I dont think ive ever said I have faith in Ashley and I hope that it doesn't come across like that because it's so far from the truth it's unbelievable.

All ive said is that life has a habit of providing strange things for some unknown reasons and me thinking that leopards may change their spots costs me nothing but optimism.

Will Ashley get better at doing the bare minimum or even have a vague sort of success? That's something that can't truthfully be answered but the longer he has ran this club will have shown him which things work for him and which things dont.

If it's continued exposure and money he's after then he'll know only one way he can go now.

In the meantime, the on pitch stuff and the things surrounding that are amongst the things that we've been craving all our supporting lives, that isn't managed expectation but fact.

The question that needs asking for those who 'warn' of the fans fingers getting burned all the time is that what is the point of following the club if what you fear is stopping you enjoying the good times?

Think of all the kids there yesterday, the memory of the massive roar that went round when rumours of Aston Villa scoring and handing us the title will never be forgotten or the moments between waiting for clarification and then the players celebrating on the pitch with scenes ive never seen before never mind them.

Every single person has an opinion of Newcastle in their life and nearly every person's account of things will be different depending on which era you were born into and from my experience there is a constant recycling of fans with the disgruntled replaced by the blank canvas.

Sometimes you just have to get on the ride to see the scenery as it has a habit of looking different.

Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 13:45 Post ID: #479680 - in reply to #479660
First Team Regular
The 'good times' as you put it toony have to be seen in perspective

I genuinely hope that everybody that was there yesterday had a fuckin belta of a day...genuinely

But for those of us who are 'protesting' these are not 'good times'...yesterday was a righting of a wrong...nothing more than that for me

Clubs get relegated, I fully accept that but ours is a slightly different scenario to others. We are not suffering purely at the hands of incompetent cunts who don't have a clue...we are suffering because a greedy fat cunt is deliberately trying to do the very least he can in order to capitalise on the PL millions

It's a deliberate act to prevent us from being the best we can be

So these 'good times' (while I genuinely don't begrudge anyone from making the most of them) mean fuck all to me until either Ashley fucks off or he shows that there has been a genuine change in direction

Edited by McCreery 8/5/2017 13:52
Like post
Like this post
08 May 2017 14:04 Post ID: #479681 - in reply to #479680
McCreery - 8/5/2017 13:45

The 'good times' as you put it toony have to be seen in perspective

I genuinely hope that everybody that was there yesterday had a fuckin belta of a day...genuinely

But for those of us who are 'protesting' these are not 'good times'...yesterday was a righting of a wrong...nothing more than than that for me

Clubs get relegated, I fully accept that but ours is a slightly different scenario to others. We are not suffering purely at the hands of incompetent cunts who don't have a clue...we are suffering because a greedy fat cunt is deliberately trying to do the very least he can in order to capitalise on the PL millions

It's a deliberate act to prevent us from being the best we can be

So these 'good times' (while I genuinely don't begrudge anyone from making the most of them) mean fuck all to me until either Ashley fucks off or he shows that there has been a genuine change in direction

I slightly disagree as I still think Ashley has made most of it up as he's went along although the investing just enough to be in a position to syphon the funds the next year is agreed on.

That said, relegations mounting up and not being guaranteed a magic lamp to get back will surely frighten a change of approach. For me that doesn't mean massive transfer war chests but a relaxing of control the manager has in the footballing side. That will be seen as win win for everyone for the short term.

The biggest issue ahead is raised expectation to get to the next level but maybe the powers that be realise this and the best time for a sale being now with the potential for growth being up for sale along with the increase in feel good.

We predict gloom, we expose ourselves to moments where the defences come down but overall we've got nowt right yet and that's what makes the future interesting.
Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 09:22 Post ID: #479696 - in reply to #479660
First Team Regular
Nothing in Ashley's past suggests he is the type of person that makes things up as he go along.

He might well be a cunt,but he's a very clever one.

People see what they want to see and what people want to see never has anything to do with the truth.

The majority of our support don't want to see Ashley/Benitez bank accounts.

That's where the truth lies.

Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 10:30 Post ID: #479698 - in reply to #479696
PieMag - 9/5/2017 09:22

Nothing in Ashley's past suggests he is the type of person that makes things up as he go along.

People see what they want to see and what people want to see never has anything to do with the truth.

Whatever the real agenda behind the owner here is and regardless of bank accounts, I dont think there's many that will have complained after the season ending the city has had. Pointless even worrying about it until it happens.

Like post
Like this post
09 May 2017 11:13 Post ID: #479703 - in reply to #479698
First Team Regular
Toon_NoMatterWot - 9/5/2017 10:30

PieMag - 9/5/2017 09:22

Pointless even worrying about it until it happens.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: