Newcastle United Forum - Lascelles
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Sir Bobby - "People want success. It's like coffee, they want instant."
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None5%
1-312%
4 or 540%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan124
2.Toon_NoMatterWot81
3.MickMartin28
4.The Pyrry26
5.crooktownmags22
6.billybobcat18
7.Mcnamee6716
8.keggy_keagal15
9.Gillyboat14
10.Harry's Boy14
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Lascelles
04 May 2017 00:21 Post ID: #479573 - in reply to #479568
First Team Regular
keggy_keagal - 3/5/2017 20:31

PieMag - 3/5/2017 19:37

The criticism,or attack as you put i,t of the manager can be justified using Lascelles own words keggy.

"I’ve probably not helped myself this season, in some areas, but that’s the sacrifice you make, and I’m willing to make it."

"It has been tough – there have been times where I have had head loss because of how painful it’s been."

They had cover,the lad did not need to make the sacrifice.

I don't see how anyone can sensibly argue that point.

Previous managers of our club have been slaughtered for much less.

It's notable that those who were doing the slagging are now turning a blind eye to some really odd decisions of the current one.

A few short weeks ago many were seeing Huddersfield and Reading as a real threats because the team were dropping points,good job they both bottled it otherwise the successful judgement would have been exposed for what it really was.

I can sensibly argue the point. It's all about your or my point of view and the relative perception of the situation. I don't see it as an odd decision I see it as a managed situation that's been judged and dealt with effectively for the good of the team and club. Lascelles would have been routinely fitness tested and checked by club doctors and physios . It's simply a judgement call by the manager. Fine, if you felt it impaired the team it's your perception that it's bad call hence the attack on Rafa . Rafa obviously felt Lascelles even carrying an injury was a better fit for the side. It's my perception that it was a good call because we're still within a game of winning the title , we've been guaranteed promotion and Lascelles across the season (imo) has played more good games than bad and hasn't broken down missed games through further injury.

As for whether the lad needed to make sacrifice, it's his body, his career and his decision to make along with the relevant staff . As others have mentioned I'd certainly rather have players with that kind of attitude rather than certain other "characters" we've had in the past. The point made along the lines of opinion would be different if other teams had stayed the course, you're then getting into the realms of hypotheticals, which I could twist by saying well if hypothetically Gayle had stayed fit we'd have scored more goals and so on. Slam Rafa's, tactics fair enough, same with the decisions that don't work or that some of the players he bought he hardly used, but let's not lament a situation that's worked out just fine.

No need to get hung up on the perception that Benitez is being attacked keggy.

The rest of your argument will make interesting reading next season in the big boys league.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
04 May 2017 10:56 Post ID: #479577 - in reply to #479520
PieMag - 2/5/2017 18:53

Toon_NoMatterWot - 1/5/2017 23:11

Said to be having a double hernia operation tomorrow according to the papers. He's supposed to have been playing through the pain barrier for 4 months which would explain why he seems to have went backwards.

If this were true it would make the managers rotation system look ridiculous,him a massive twat for not putting his players health first,and reveal that our best premiership defender 2015-16 has ironically been rafaered.

No way is it true.

So calling him a massive twat, his system ridiculous and that he's ruined a player isn't an attack ? Erm....
Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 11:30 Post ID: #479579 - in reply to #479517
Reserve Team
Rafa did what he did to achieve our only goal - promotion.

He has done what is required, now, to have him available again as soon as possible next season.

That's great management.
Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 14:20 Post ID: #479582 - in reply to #479577
First Team Regular
keggy_keagal - 4/5/2017 10:56

Said to be having a double hernia operation tomorrow according to the papers. He's supposed to have been playing through the pain barrier for 4 months which would explain why he seems to have went backwards.

If this were true it would make the managers rotation system look ridiculous,him a massive twat for not putting his players health first,and reveal that our best premiership defender 2015-16 has ironically been rafaered.

No way is it true.

So calling him a massive twat, his system ridiculous and that he's ruined a player isn't an attack ? Erm....

That's you being overly sensitive about any criticism aimed at Benitez keggy.

With your perception it should be obvious that I was responding sarcastically to yet another spin thread designed to show how things have improved under Ashley's latest lackey.

If I wanted to attack rafa I would start a thread of my own.

I don't participate in the type of rants that attack pardew(for doing the same job benitez does),the sunderland manager for bad tempered words at a female and ched evans for not being a rapist for example,just as I won't be involved in rants attacking benitez next season.

Expect a few,if he's still here of course.

Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 14:24 Post ID: #479583 - in reply to #479579
First Team Regular
CuckFan - 4/5/2017 11:30

Rafa did what he did to achieve our only goal - promotion.

He has done what is required, now, to have him available again as soon as possible next season.

That's great management.

Mbemba must be shite or rafared.

Which one ?
Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 15:58 Post ID: #479584 - in reply to #479582
PieMag - 4/5/2017 14:20

keggy_keagal - 4/5/2017 10:56

No way is it true.

That's you being overly sensitive about any criticism aimed at Benitez keggy.

With your perception it should be obvious that I was responding sarcastically to yet another spin thread designed to show how things have improved under Ashley's latest lackey.

If I wanted to attack rafa I would start a thread of my own.

I don't participate in the type of rants that attack pardew(for doing the same job benitez does),the sunderland manager for bad tempered words at a female and ched evans for not being a rapist for example,just as I won't be involved in rants attacking benitez next season.

Expect a few,if he's still here of course.

In my defence, this was not a spin thread but an opinion on a player. A player that wanted to play through the pain barrier for a manager he wanted to do it for as well as himself and the club no doubt.

As for the puppet references to Rafa, he has done nothing even to be vaguely whispered to be similar to Pardew in doing the job in front of him. The facts have proven that Pardew went up and beyond his station to go the extra mile in antagonise the fans via action and mouth.

He was always brought in as a stooge when Hughton was doing a decent enough job.

Rafa was brought in because the Ashley way had failed and it was on it's arse. Last chance saloon and all that.

Of the many things I could pinpoint or link, here's one from the NUST/True Faith.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11...

Like post
Like this post
05 May 2017 01:42 Post ID: #479591 - in reply to #479517
Academy
The egomaniacs who will never let anyone have the last word will carry on a simple post about a player having an operation go on forever!

Amusing!

Ashley's a cunt! Benitez a twat! Ra Ra Ra!
Like post
Like this post
05 May 2017 10:48 Post ID: #479595 - in reply to #479517
First Team Regular
aye but.......
Like post
Like this post
05 May 2017 16:25 Post ID: #479597 - in reply to #479517
First Team Regular
hold on....