Newcastle United Forum - McClaren Not Surprised By Leicester Hammering
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Sir Laz - 'Watch out for them perves!'
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Southampton MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Sub - Joselu0%
Sub - Atsu1%
Sub - Merino1%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
7.The Pyrry20
9.Harry's Boy16
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
McClaren Not Surprised By Leicester Hammering
23 November 2015 16:58 Post ID: #465267
Head coach Steve McClaren has said he wasn't surprised by the defeat to Leicester because he felt it had been coming for a few weeks....

Read more:
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
23 November 2015 17:00 Post ID: #465268 - in reply to #465267
First Team Regular
This bloke is a grade 1 helmet, if he thought it was coming, as coach, he should do something about it.

The fact he does not, could not, or would not, make him the scapegoat.

At least I have not had my letter from him today, apologising....
Like post
Like this post
23 November 2015 18:18 Post ID: #465269 - in reply to #465267
McClaren's been guilty of this before . It smacks of a man completely out of his depth. He's desperate to appear in control with his tired old rhetoric and his insistence on using "buzz" words (the current favourite is "consistency") but of course when he trots it out it never ever gets questioned by the nodding dogs in the press room.

"we`re not at a level yet where we can have a degree of consistency week in, week out"

Why the fuck not ? Isn't it your job to ensure that ?

"You can see what our problems are. We were 1-0 down, but there were still 50 minutes to go."

You had no plan b, when let's be honest your plan a hardly works.

Oh and no Monday would be complete without the requisite player apology. We're being spoilt this time with not just one player apology we have two !!

Rob Elliot (hasn't made over 20 appearances for us in the league and is suddenly spokesman) : 'We have to hold our hands up, we were poor, and they were the better team. There are no excuses at all, we know that. It`s not acceptable, especially after the performances we put in recently and the character we have shown. This was really disappointing. I just want to make sure there are no excuses, we hold our hands up and apologise. The only thing we can do now is go out and put it right against Crystal Palace.'

Also Georginio Wijnaldum (who 6 months ago couldn't have found Newcastle in the road atlas of Great Britain) felt so bad he shared his pain in not one but two paragraphs :

'We have worked hard as a team but there were too many individuals. And if you do that you can see the problems. The manager was also mad. We had players who have had good games which we didn`t win, but it was disappointing. You can play games badly, we are human, but you must always work to get the result. We played as individuals so you don`t get the result. We must play more as a team.'

'I am disappointed in myself because I want to help the team and get a better performance. I am a key player to this team and I must do way better than I did against Leicester. I was disappointed. It is a different position, a little bit defensive. It is difficult to do the things you do normally. I must still be creative and help the team. Next week we have a game and I will try to be better then.'

At this rate Newcastle should stop running out to Local Hero and start coming out to Nirvana's All Apologies .

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Newcastle United Fixtures  >>