Newcastle United Forum - Liverpool fans believe they’ve sank as low as Newcastle
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Cameron NUFC on Pardew's FA Cup campaign. I do, i want to see us win a trophy in my lifetime, so i hope Pards is taking the fucking thing seriously.
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None4%
1-312%
4 or 541%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan223
2.Toon_NoMatterWot113
3.MickMartin67
4.Mcnamee6741
5.billybobcat40
6.The Pyrry30
7.crooktownmags28
8.keggy_keagal27
9.markylad7427
10.The Owl27
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Liverpool fans believe they’ve sank as low as Newcastle
21 June 2015 21:22 Post ID: #460164
First Team Regular
http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/liverpool-fans-believe-theyve-sank-...

Fickle should be a word associated with Scousers.

Edited by billybobcat 21/6/2015 21:23
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
21 June 2015 21:49 Post ID: #460165 - in reply to #460164
Without reading the article, they are nowhere near the predicament we're in.

Apart from them building an extension on their ground and a reputation or pride in itself that has remained, they're challenging the European slots regularly without bragging that a lower spot is the target like our shower.

In comparison to us and not including their better brand of football, in the last 11 seasons of which 8 of ours were under Ashley, they have a net spend of £282 million (THAT'S TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY TWO) compared to our £25 million. That's before you even mention the crime list and stripping of the pride in the club here.
Like post
Like this post
21 June 2015 23:09 Post ID: #460169 - in reply to #460164
Reserve Team
We can draw parallels with them in some ways. Our 5th place season was kind of out of the blue and we surprised everyone, just like they did the season before last.

Both clubs didn't build on that work and made some baffling decisions. Us to just sell all our vital players and literally not replace them, Liverpool sell their best player.. a despicable but very talented hard working player and replace him with Balotelli? Someone was on crack when that decision was made..

But for the most part of the premier league years both clubs have been totally inconsistent and it could be argued given the money they have spent that they are far more underachievers than us, despite the few trophies they won sporadically.

The parallels stop when it comes to the fans.. in fact the general perception of us being these deluded twats that expect to be winning the league and hounding every manager out is more true of them. There was literally fuckers ringing up Talksport in tears after losing to Stoke..

They've made some shrewd signings so far this summer, it still won't be enough to get them in top 4. They don't have the budget to match the established top 4
Like post
Like this post
21 June 2015 23:26 Post ID: #460170 - in reply to #460164
First Team Regular
They have had money Newcastle fans could only dream of spending, they don't have any parallel with their owners compared to having fatty as an owner. At least they have a genuine chance of winning a trophy Newcastle fans don't have any chance of the same.
Like post
Like this post
22 June 2015 02:09 Post ID: #460175 - in reply to #460164
Reserve Team
Honestly, if we signed some class players and had a great season just mingling with the big boys i'd be happy.. the most boring part of any football competition is when a trophy is handed out.

Yes there would be some brief euphoria but no different than winning a big game for me.. and then it would subside, and i'd wonder what all the fuss was about. And apart from having some sort of fucking bragging rights or something, i'd forget about it completely.

Out of any of the PL clubs at present, it is probably most satisfying being an Arsenal supporter. They know season in season out regardless of winning trophies, their team is going to entertain.. consistently too.

Like post
Like this post
22 June 2015 02:19 Post ID: #460176 - in reply to #460164
First Team Regular
Yet their same fickle fans were calling for wenger's head not too long ago.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: