Newcastle United Forum - New Manager, New Coaching Staff
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Bowburn Mag - Leon Best playing football is like watching a blind man try to pick pickled onions up with a cocktail stick.
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None5%
1-312%
4 or 540%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan170
2.Toon_NoMatterWot99
3.MickMartin51
4.Mcnamee6734
5.The Pyrry28
6.billybobcat26
7.crooktownmags25
8.The Owl22
9.keggy_keagal19
10.Harry's Boy18
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
New Manager, New Coaching Staff
10 June 2015 07:38 Post ID: #459678
First Team Regular
Let's face it got to be better than Carver and Stone who were hopelessly out of their debt and had no previous success.
May not be fully what we want and Ashley still rules but there is bound to be some actual coaching by Steve and his men. Coaching was sadly absent in anything Carver and Stone did so it is a step in the right direction and not what I expected.
Now let's wait and see the formation of the coaching team and the ins and outs of players before we judge.
This clear out of staff was much needed.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 June 2015 08:04 Post ID: #459679 - in reply to #459678
Reserve Team
Agreed.

Listening to the radio over last few weeks, ex players all say McLaren is the best "coach" they've worked with. I do differentiate that between managing, two different things. But far better than what we've had.

God knows what some of these players could be like with some proper guidance?
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 08:22 Post ID: #459680 - in reply to #459678
Im just sick of the era we've been in or still are to a large extent and it's about time it was about the football again.

However, a change of personnel in charge of running the show has to show action over a long period of time before we start to have any real positive vibes as the script could very well be the same. That being maximum gain for minimum pain (investment)

Maybe the last few months or so has stirred something in Ashley or his advisors to invest to stay still or move forward because existing as we have been on a shoestring is guaranteed failure. As it stands though, im slightly optimistic with the background of the massive crime list that Ashley has notched up still floating there to keep it in check.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 08:39 Post ID: #459681 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
We've still signed nobody yet and we still haven't officially got a manager after six months. I can't see things getting better simply because the fat cunt has left the running of the club to imbeciles like Charnley and Carr. Lets be honest any decent manager would piss himself laughing at those two cunts. McClaren may be better than Pardew, Kinnear and Carver but that counts for very little and his CV is littered with failure at clubs far less fractured than ours. A few crumbs have been thrown out to the Magpies whereas a whole three course dinner is what is required.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 09:06 Post ID: #459683 - in reply to #459678
Reserve Team
Window is still shut. I'm certain he'll have his own ideas about who to bring in. Talksport saying Charlie Austin is nailed on.

Main difference for me now is not very high expectations and a new coach who I have no ill feeling towards. I'll give him every chance.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 10:26 Post ID: #459684 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
Does it really matter who the manager is when fatty is still the owner.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 10:44 Post ID: #459686 - in reply to #459678
Academy
I can understand that people just want to support the team and get back to looking forward to games.I have to be honest, while the fat knacker owns the club, i just cannot.

An average new coach and a couple of signings will not change my mind.This is still a club with no heart or soul.All Ashley has to do is the bare minimum and he will win back lots of support, he knows that as well.

After the debacle of Carver, i suppose McClaren will look like a decent appointment to some.I actually do think he is a step up from Pardew, but it is no sign of a change in direction from Ashley.It points to more of the same, in my opinion.

Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 10:47 Post ID: #459687 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
well said mate.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 10:48 Post ID: #459688 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
By the way is it just carver/stone sacked what about the rest of the shite including Beardsley.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 13:07 Post ID: #459690 - in reply to #459678
Reserve Team
Other coaches have left too. Just not as news worthy as the two mentioned.

Anyone unimpressed by the changes I fully understand and don't disagree with you. Ashley is still the problem but he ain't going anywhere. Not yet at least.

I would maybe just say or suggest, and feel free to tell me to fuck right off, if every new thread related to the club on this forum is instantly met with an overall anti Mike Ashley comment (when we all know your position on the subject) , the forum is gonna turn boring as fuck and every new thread will be killed before it starts. For the good of the forum, ease up on the negativity?

Does anyone agree with me? TNMW?
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 13:15 Post ID: #459692 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
Agreed Odin. Especially as we are all agreed on Ashley anyway.

I'll find a positive for you, in that Steve Blackie Black is linked as coming in as some sort of coach / psychologist type. I rate him - he's done an impressive job a few times, not just football. And he was a better bouncer than Steve Wraith too - i.e., a real one!
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 13:36 Post ID: #459694 - in reply to #459690
First Team Regular
Odin - 10/6/2015 13:07

I would maybe just say or suggest, and feel free to tell me to fuck right off, if every new thread related to the club on this forum is instantly met with an overall anti Mike Ashley comment (when we all know your position on the subject) , the forum is gonna turn boring as fuck and every new thread will be killed before it starts. For the good of the forum, ease up on the negativity?

It's already boring as fuck Odin.

We have had countless negative and extremely personal threads slagging off Pardew,then Carver.

Now we have another mediocre name at the helm, you call for less "negativity" (in my world realism) from those making anti Ashley comments.

Shall everyone wait till the new´found optimists tire of Mclaren, then join them in their inevitable whining,whinging,personal attacks on him ?

"Fuck right off" newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/images/emoticons/17.gif'>
I'm reserving the right to attack Ashley from the very start of his latest debacle.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 13:42 Post ID: #459695 - in reply to #459686
First Team Regular
Scalpatraz - 10/6/2015 10:44

I can understand that people just want to support the team and get back to looking forward to games.I have to be honest, while the fat knacker owns the club, i just cannot.

An average new coach and a couple of signings will not change my mind.This is still a club with no heart or soul.All Ashley has to do is the bare minimum and he will win back lots of support, he knows that as well.

After the debacle of Carver, i suppose McClaren will look like a decent appointment to some.I actually do think he is a step up from Pardew, but it is no sign of a change in direction from Ashley.It points to more of the same, in my opinion.

We need a like button on this forum newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/images/emoticons/14.gif'>
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 13:50 Post ID: #459697 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
He's used to working on a budget McClaren so fits Ashley's remit, let's see which coaches he brings in alongside him, not been particularly impressed with his mate Steve Round in the past. It's very difficult to forget about Ashley in all this, the man's an odious fucking leech who's only goal is profit, showing nothing but contempt for supporters and zero interest in assembling a good football side. McClaren simply fits the bill.

Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 14:53 Post ID: #459699 - in reply to #459683
Odin - 10/6/2015 09:06

Window is still shut. I'm certain he'll have his own ideas about who to bring in. Talksport saying Charlie Austin is nailed on.

Main difference for me now is not very high expectations and a new coach who I have no ill feeling towards. I'll give him every chance.

Odin, everyone has their opinion and are 100% entitled to it, but in my opinion, what you've said there ("not very high expectations") is a good proportion of the problem.
The expectation has been managed to such a point that folk are 'happy' to accept anything.
Our expectation should always be sky high.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 16:06 Post ID: #459700 - in reply to #459690

Anyone unimpressed by the changes I fully understand and don't disagree with you. Ashley is still the problem but he ain't going anywhere. Not yet at least.

Whilst I agree that long term negativity breeds stagnancy, it cant be forgotten that we didn't just all turn into miserable twats overnight.

Our opinions, emotions and what not, have been formed as a result of Ashley's 8 years in charge. A period that has seen many shocking things that I never dreamt would happen to my club and a period in which we've all been turned against the grain in wanting the worst for the club to rid the cancer, instead of wanting the best for it.

For opinions to change, it needs a sustained period where we're run as a proper club to be the best we can be and for the potential to be attempted to be realised. This would take months, maybe years but Ashley's history in regards to business doesn't bode well here.

That said, a new approach or a new direction will bring intrique, so over the next few weeks, I would guess that alongside the negativity, will be moments where the guard will come down amongst the fans but the minute that there's a sniff of any deceit from the regime will see people turn straight away.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 16:07 Post ID: #459701 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
I'm sure Odin is more than capable of speaking for himself but I think he just meant to try and argue each point on its own merits. I.e. is McClaren any good?, will his coaches be any good?, will they be a step up from the last lot? etc etc. Instead we are killing off each thread off before it even starts with comments like 'aye but Ashley is a cunt and won't give him any money' because we know all of that already. Maybe everyone should just have that an Aniti Ashley slogan on their signature like some sort of disclaimer. Just in case anyone misinterprets what we are saying as bordering on positivity?

Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 16:10 Post ID: #459702 - in reply to #459678
Academy
I do not have a problem with your post Odin, in fact, i would love to be positive.I also realise that the "i hate Ashley" threads have been done to death.

The problem is, the man is a massive shit stain on the club.He has literally pissed all over the clubs history.The sight of club legends being shit on and other club legends pandering to the man, makes me sick.

I love NUFC, but not in its current guise, it may as well be called Sports Direct United.I will stay away till the man and all of his carcass stripping vultures have fucked off.

One positive, the weather is spot on. newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/images/emoticons/7.gif'>
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 16:11 Post ID: #459703 - in reply to #459701
ManxMag - 10/6/2015 16:07

I'm sure Odin is more than capable of speaking for himself but I think he just meant to try and argue each point on its own merits. I.e. is McClaren any good?, will his coaches be any good?, will they be a step up from the last lot? etc etc. Instead we are killing off each thread off before it even starts with comments like 'aye but Ashley is a cunt and won't give him any money' because we know all of that already. Maybe everyone should just have that an Aniti Ashley slogan on their signature like some sort of disclaimer. Just in case anyone misinterprets what we are saying as bordering on positivity?

Maybe im rambling on and repeating what ive just posted above but the same sort of scenario that surrounds Ashley will be the same label attached to any murderer, pedophile or anybody that's been convicted of anything in their life that has served their time, they have to change opinions by actions.

The ball is in Ashley's court.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 18:50 Post ID: #459717 - in reply to #459703
First Team Regular
Toon_NoMatterWot - 10/6/2015 16:11

The ball WAS in Ashley's court,
he chose Mclaren.

Why anyone needs any more evidence as to what his intentions are baffles me.

Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 19:03 Post ID: #459725 - in reply to #459717
PieMag - 10/6/2015 18:50

Toon_NoMatterWot - 10/6/2015 16:11

The ball WAS in Ashley's court,
he chose Mclaren.

Why anyone needs any more evidence as to what his intentions are baffles me.

We dont need any more evidence as to what his intentions have been or were, im just saying that IF he's changed then it's up to him to prove it with actions.

Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 19:12 Post ID: #459728 - in reply to #459690

Fuck off. Ashley's still a cunt , McClaren's his latest puppet until proven otherwise . I've seen NOTHING from the club to prove otherwise so will be as positive or negative as I please . People are that desperate for a bit of half decent football they're just a signing or two away from singing the Sports Direct tune and trotting back to give the fatman their money . Nothing's changed . Just new spin on the old tactics . My stance remains the same . Fuck appeasement .

Edited by keggy_keagal 10/6/2015 19:16
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 19:36 Post ID: #459729 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
A man like Mike Ashley DOES NOT change his mind, he may well change tactics but his end result is still the same. If Ashley had actually changed his mind then he couldve brought in DeBoer, Laudrup or Viera and ceded a lot of control to them to be able to manage properly, but no he didnt. In came McClaren at half the cost with a reputation for boring football that might not have a realistic chance of qualifying for Europe.

Ashley could bring in half the Barcelona first team and I will still be suspicious of the fat bastard, he's up to something.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 19:46 Post ID: #459730 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
We've hds nowt but promises for eight years - you can't blame anybody for being sceptical. We've already missed out on Ings and Ayew and if they fuck about a bit more they will lose out on Austin as well.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 20:07 Post ID: #459733 - in reply to #459678
Not Bob Johnson.
Nothing has changed in my opinion, but we'll see once the window opens.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 20:25 Post ID: #459735 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
Ive said in another thread i think McClaren will do ok here but the fact remains its Ashley as owner that's the problem. So the better McClaren does the longer fatty is here to stay. I will always want the club to get relegated until fatty sells up, but i think McClaren will keep the club in the premier league as he is head and shoulders a better manager than that cockney twat pardew and that craggy faced twat carver.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 20:39 Post ID: #459736 - in reply to #459692
First Team Regular
ManxMag - 10/6/2015 13:15

Agreed Odin. Especially as we are all agreed on Ashley anyway.

I'll find a positive for you, in that Steve Blackie Black is linked as coming in as some sort of coach / psychologist type. I rate him - he's done an impressive job a few times, not just football. And he was a better bouncer than Steve Wraith too - i.e., a real one!

If steve black is being linked for a role at NUFc, again that is a massive positive for me. Was lucky to work with him in a golfing capacity a couple of years ago, he is top top class, and has been parachuted into numerous clubs to massive effect.

Would love to think this is true MM.
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 21:17 Post ID: #459738 - in reply to #459678
Whether some admit it or not, the minute the club starts playing decent football and the results pick up, will be the minute that a buzz is created that was seemingly lost.

Im not saying that things are gonna improve one jot and definitely wont unless we invest in quality and depth but the difference in how McClaren comes across compared to Pardew, Carver and co seems worlds away.

We had Pardew not only disrespecting the area and the mentality of the people here that may affect the catchment of young players not to mention that he labelled us a promoted team trying to punch above our weight or having to lower the expectations repeatedly but in McClarens first breath, he's talked us up like he's raising the expectation level or describing us how most of us on here see where we should be with ambition.

“I am privileged to be appointed head coach of Newcastle United. This is a big club with a wonderful heritage.

“St. James’ Park is like a cathedral on a Saturday afternoon, a symbol for the city and I am excited to be given this opportunity.

“I know how important Newcastle United is to the city and the region.

“The supporters are some of the most loyal, passionate and devoted in the world. Despite everything they maintain their faith. We owe it to them to do everything we can to reward them with success.

“There’s a lot of work to do, but the Club has made it clear about wanting success and I would not have come here if I didn’t believe they were serious.

“This Club has waited far too long to win a trophy. That’s one of my primary objectives here.

“I’ve already won trophies as a manager, and a club the size of Newcastle United should be winning cups and finishing in the top eight in the Premier League.

“I’m determined to give the supporters of Newcastle United a team they can be proud of. The hard work starts now.”

Pardew's first breath involved the word 'Nooo-carsell'
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 22:06 Post ID: #459739 - in reply to #459678
Reserve Team
Like I said before, I have no issue with McLaren, unlike Pardew who I despised for a long time before he ended on our doorstep.

Every manager talks shite to a degree but I just can't see McLaren being anywhere near as bad. Combined with actually having some coaching talent, I think he'll do ok.

None of us have massive expectations so a solid season would be pleasing. My initial judgement will be on the areas he identifies as needing strengthening. Then I'll give him a while to get some extra out of our current rabble.

I think he'll want to choose his own captain, I'm guessing De Jong will step in?
Like post
Like this post
10 June 2015 22:12 Post ID: #459740 - in reply to #459739
Odin - 10/6/2015 22:06

Like I said before, I have no issue with McLaren, unlike Pardew who I despised for a long time before he ended on our doorstep.

Every manager talks shite to a degree but I just can't see McLaren being anywhere near as bad. Combined with actually having some coaching talent, I think he'll do ok.

None of us have massive expectations so a solid season would be pleasing. My initial judgement will be on the areas he identifies as needing strengthening. Then I'll give him a while to get some extra out of our current rabble.

I think he'll want to choose his own captain, I'm guessing De Jong will step in?

Aye, I thought de Jong as well but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Steven Taylor.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 01:02 Post ID: #459745 - in reply to #459678
New coach, new coaching staff, "new" waffle about trying to win cups.
Heard it all before though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/pardew-c...

newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/images/emoticons/14.gif'>
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 08:38 Post ID: #459747 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
Good digging Bert. I was just about to dust off my season ticket application. Then you kindly reminded me that it's all bollocks. Different day, different liar, same lies.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 11:47 Post ID: #459752 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
Season ticket hasd been renewed, Ashley has deffnitly turned a corner imo, could of gone the easy option and appointed Carver but hasn't. Lets judge him from now, forget all the past and just concentrate on the future, Mcclaren is a good manager and will do well here, all the fans need to stop all this anti Ashley stuff and get nehind the team, he won't be leaving anytime soon so whats the point.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 12:21 Post ID: #459753 - in reply to #459752
First Team Regular
Nufc_Ben - 11/6/2015 11:47

Season ticket hasd been renewed, Ashley has deffnitly turned a corner imo, could of gone the easy option and appointed Carver but hasn't. Lets judge him from now, forget all the past and just concentrate on the future, Mcclaren is a good manager and will do well here, all the fans need to stop all this anti Ashley stuff and get nehind the team, he won't be leaving anytime soon so whats the point.

Yawn.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 12:30 Post ID: #459754 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
Forget the past Ben, are you fucking insane? McClaren comes in and you think Ashley has turned a corner? How dumb are you or are you a mackem on a wind up? Wake up will you, its the SAME bullshit as dug up by Bert only a couple of posts up, I suggest you read it. However if you want to fork out £500 to watch second rate dross then crack on.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 12:30 Post ID: #459755 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
Forget the past Ben, are you fucking insane? McClaren comes in and you think Ashley has turned a corner? How dumb are you or are you a mackem on a wind up? Wake up will you, its the SAME bullshit as dug up by Bert only a couple of posts up, I suggest you read it. However if you want to fork out £500 to watch second rate dross then crack on.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 12:30 Post ID: #459756 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 12:30 Post ID: #459757 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 13:56 Post ID: #459767 - in reply to #459678
First Team Regular
A bit early to pass judgement on the new Coaching staff and whether we have missed out on players. The transfer window has only just opened.
Give it a chance.
Stop the negativity.
Like post
Like this post
11 June 2015 14:23 Post ID: #459772 - in reply to #459678
First Team Squad
So that's it then.
Let's all be positive.After fatties scripted rant before the west ham game,done because he was cornered,some thought we might have turned a corner.
An opportunity to employ a world class coach & show some real intent,we end up with another 2nd class yes man clad in blazer telling the masses we want to finish in the top 8.
Meanwhile we're still sponsored by a vile loan shark company,fatty decides to unveil his new puppet to sky only & the sheep continue to nibble on the crumbs the slug has thrown them & dance to his sordid tune.
Mediocrity,aye that's worth settling for.
On a more positive note,just had a stroll with the dogs,saw a fox,deer & a kite & my plants are getting taller by the day in this glorious sunshine,fuck fatty.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum: