Newcastle United Forum - Ashley Out - Non League day
Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Welcome to the Newcastle United Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Bowburn Mag - Leon Best playing football is like watching a blind man try to pick pickled onions up with a cocktail stick.
- (Added by: Toon_NoMatterWot)
Current Poll (see more polls)
How Many Players Do NUFC Need To Survive Next Season?
Suggested By: Talk of the Tyne
None5%
1-312%
4 or 540%
6 or 730%
More than 713%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan186
2.Toon_NoMatterWot105
3.MickMartin58
4.Mcnamee6737
5.The Pyrry29
6.billybobcat27
7.crooktownmags26
8.keggy_keagal26
9.The Owl22
10.markylad7419
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (5):
2 3 4 5
Ashley Out - Non League day
24 January 2015 21:12 Post ID: #450250
International Star
If it's ok with Toony we can link this in via the front page or whatever, and just link it with that hashtag on Twitter.

Fancy a day out at the match, but can't stomach the thought of handing your money over to Mike Ashley? Then you're not alone. We are a leaderless, disparate group, with no aims or political agenda. We're not looking for our faces in the paper, nor giving statements to Sky news or the Chronicle. We do not claim to represent the support of NUFC. If you feel the same way, and would like to see the back of Mike Ashley from NUFC, then join us at a game in the region. Show your support for football, while registering your unhappiness with the running of NUFC. To this end we will select a game, and attend in as great a number as we can muster. The game selected will be non league, and affordable. We hope to coincide with Newcastle home fixtures, in order to draw support away from St James' and back into football. If you'd like to join us watch out for the hashtag #lovefootballhateashley followed by the fixture we've chosen for that date.

No leaders, no knackers.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 January 2015 21:19 Post ID: #450252 - in reply to #450250
First Team Squad
OldLeazes - 24/1/2015 21:12

If it's ok with Toony we can link this in via the front page or whatever, and just link it with that hashtag on Twitter.

Fancy a day out at the match, but can't stomach the thought of handing your money over to Mike Ashley? Then you're not alone. We are a leaderless, disparate group, with no aims or political agenda. We're not looking for our faces in the paper, nor giving statements to Sky news or the Chronicle. We do not claim to represent the support of NUFC. If you feel the same way, and would like to see the back of Mike Ashley from NUFC, then join us at a game in the region. Show your support for football, while registering your unhappiness with the running of NUFC. To this end we will select a game, and attend in as great a number as we can muster. The game selected will be non league, and affordable. We hope to coincide with Newcastle home fixtures, in order to draw support away from St James' and back into football. If you'd like to join us watch out for the hashtag #lovefootballhateashley followed by the fixture we've chosen for that date.

No leaders, no knackers.

Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 21:23 Post ID: #450253 - in reply to #450250
Wey aye it's no problem OL.

I'll draft something up to tie it in and PM you it for verification. We may get some better ideas on the back of it.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 21:42 Post ID: #450256 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Nowt to tie in Toony, just whack in on the front page, or anywhere people can see it, and let them come along to the games. That's the only contribution I want to make, and I don't want there to be a leader, or any massive statements saying what we are about. We'll become what we are about, as we grow, organically.

There doesn't need to be any plan, or any ideas. This is just a registering of discontent, and is inclusive. I'm going to ask Rexn to put the exact same statement on his site, and anyone else who'd like to host it, and then that's me done with my contribution for now.

Too many ideas don't get off the ground because they aim too high. The only thing we really need to decide is how we choose the games. I'm interested in any way we can do that, in a democratic fashion. For the moment though I'm stumped how we might do that.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 21:48 Post ID: #450258 - in reply to #450256
OldLeazes - 24/1/2015 21:42

Nowt to tie in Toony, just whack in on the front page, or anywhere people can see it, and let them come along to the games. That's the only contribution I want to make, and I don't want there to be a leader, or any massive statements saying what we are about. We'll become what we are about, as we grow, organically.

There doesn't need to be any plan, or any ideas. This is just a registering of discontent, and is inclusive. I'm going to ask Rexn to put the exact same statement on his site, and anyone else who'd like to host it, and then that's me done with my contribution for now.

Too many ideas don't get off the ground because they aim too high. The only thing we really need to decide is how we choose the games. I'm interested in any way we can do that, in a democratic fashion. For the moment though I'm stumped how we might do that.

We'll have to have a little edit for it to meet the guidelines of Newsnow and Vital. The statement would still be used in full though. It's all to do with self promoting and what not. Basically they ask for an intro.

Apart from that, the idea is spot on although my opinion would slightly differ on what the aim should be but im pretty much as you say in that i wouldn't want to be a leader either and the simple aim for me to start would be all about numbers.

How many people who have boycotted or are disgruntled want to see change or be part of change.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 22:54 Post ID: #450266 - in reply to #450250
International Star
I'm happy for people to do as they please with it.

The more publicity the better.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 23:07 Post ID: #450267 - in reply to #450266
OldLeazes - 24/1/2015 22:54

Reet, ive done a piece (under the influence mind) and will PM it mate.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 23:33 Post ID: #450269 - in reply to #450250
On further thoughts about this, I reckon the obvious choice is to get support to start our own club off.

The FC United of Manchester one will have started off with similar principles and we'll have umpteen thousand fans ourselves just wanting to latch onto something that shares their vision. Maybe starting off supporting a different club is too much for them but being part of a new club with fan ownership can give the imputus for change.

It's not pie in the sky, not impossible. Difficult yes but with a market straight away due to the disgruntled, not the sure fire loss that it would have been.

Between us and our contacts, we can do this.

The location may be tricky as we'd have to think of future expansions, not to mention road links but the most difficult part in this would be team name, that's how certain I am that something like this would work.
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 23:57 Post ID: #450270 - in reply to #450267
First Team Squad
Toon_NoMatterWot - 24/1/2015 23:07

OldLeazes - 24/1/2015 22:54

Reet, ive done a piece (under the influence mind) and will PM it mate.

Do I not get a PM like toony? ;) lol
Like post
Like this post
24 January 2015 23:59 Post ID: #450271 - in reply to #450269
First Team Squad
Toon_NoMatterWot - 24/1/2015 23:33

On further thoughts about this, I reckon the obvious choice is to get support to start our own club off.

The FC United of Manchester one will have started off with similar principles and we'll have umpteen thousand fans ourselves just wanting to latch onto something that shares their vision. Maybe starting off supporting a different club is too much for them but being part of a new club with fan ownership can give the imputus for change.

It's not pie in the sky, not impossible. Difficult yes but with a market straight away due to the disgruntled, not the sure fire loss that it would have been.

Between us and our contacts, we can do this.

The location may be tricky as we'd have to think of future expansions, not to mention road links but the most difficult part in this would be team name, that's how certain I am that something like this would work.

FC United of Newcastle ? ;)
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:05 Post ID: #450272 - in reply to #450250
Even Newcastle City would work and yes Rocks, I can PM you with my article.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:14 Post ID: #450273 - in reply to #450250
First Team Squad
Thanks Toony ;)

Just have to wait and see what happens
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:18 Post ID: #450274 - in reply to #450273
ukrocks0007 - 25/1/2015 00:14

Thanks Toony ;)

Just have to wait and see what happens

Aye. Probably nowt but not trying is a definite fail.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:22 Post ID: #450275 - in reply to #450250
Gonna have to create a name for the author of the article and if no-one objects, i'll call the 'anonymous' group Tyne4Change.

It's simple, obvious and not taken by anyone else.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:26 Post ID: #450276 - in reply to #450250
First Team Squad
I'm happy with tyne4change.

Too many fans moan but do nowt, at least no one can say we haven't tried!
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:32 Post ID: #450277 - in reply to #450276
ukrocks0007 - 25/1/2015 00:26

I'm happy with tyne4change.

Too many fans moan but do nowt, at least no one can say we haven't tried!

It seems rushed and unoriginal but on second thought, the site is Talk of the Tyne and we want change. It keeps the anonymous tone as well.

Even the best ideas in the world will originate from a bloke in a room by himself. The trick is to keep at it and im sure we will if we know the prize we're after. In his case, we want something to take pride in, something to fill all of our football needs without moving too far from the original love.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 00:45 Post ID: #450278 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
It's taken 7 years to arrange a non league day.
I think it's safe to say launching a new football club might take, er 80 or 90 years or so.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 08:31 Post ID: #450280 - in reply to #450250
First Team Regular
Ashley is clever financially and has put the club on a sounder financial. Footage at the expense of the team on the park. No internet in football itself.
Shepherd for all his mistakes was a financial disaster but tried to puta decent team out and was a football man.
It is easily forgotten that sir John halland co gave us the greatest team since the 50's,.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 11:03 Post ID: #450296 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Tyne4Change sounds like a good idea for a name, count me in for that.

Somewhere down the line we'll have to organise ourselves into a committee and such like. Again, I want no place on it, nor any say above and beyond the next man. If people are interested I'll step up and do what I can, and I'm happy to pen articles and directives as and when required.

First things first, let's get it rolling. Even if half a dozen of us get together that's a start. I do think that for future games it's important to coincide with a Newcastle home game. Let's not try and change the world just yet, just exchange ideas and see where we go. The idea of a new club is brilliant, but it will take time and money. We have the former, but the later is problematic. In the initial stages it's just about guaging support. Could we not maybe get some little pin badges made? I'm happy to contribute to a fund, and we can send them out to anyone who fancies coming along, thereby allowing us to recognise one another at the games.

I'm chock full of ideas, but he main thing we need now is bodies, and people ready to do a little bit of graft to get us up and going.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 11:32 Post ID: #450299 - in reply to #450250
Im sure Rex and the MAOC had discussions over an idea to go non-league game watching but im not sure if a new club was discussed.

The fact is that many have boycotted including many well known fans that we may have to get into discussions with some of them to see what we can do, this may need some lip biting from some but talk costs nowt, for example Steve Wraith runs that Dunston team now. He may be doing so to fill the gap that NUFC once filled, he could be the best bloke to talk to, maybe not but the main ambition for anything is egoes have to be left at the front step. We'll have to be all equal with no leaders.

I can contact a few via email and Twatter to see if this is feasible but i'll still point towards the Manchester model as proof that anything is possible.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 12:16 Post ID: #450302 - in reply to #450250
First Team Squad
I'm willing to do what I can, within reason of course. The good thing with this is we don't need a lot of people to start with. That can grow and if it does then I agree with OL about going to games when Newcastle are at home, after all the idea is to draw crowds away from SJP.

New club idea is good but time and money will be factors, a simpler option could be to go and support Gateshead. After all, they do discounts for NUFC & SAFC season ticket holders.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 12:46 Post ID: #450307 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Count me out of anything to do with Wraith.

We don't have to talk to anyone, it's over complicating things.

Just pick a match, and lets get going to it.

The rest will follow.

Personally, I want fuck all to do with any of the wankers that wear Wonga tops, and are looking for representation on the board, or dialogue with the club, or any of that tosh.

Furthermore, count me out of anything that tries to placate the wankers still rolling through the gates. They are the problem, and we are best off without people still going. Build this from the bottom, and get the right people involved from the get go. Seriously, Steve Wraith? I think we may be on the wrong page here if that nugget is even considered. It's fuck all to do with him, and I'll personally knock the fucker out if he tries to hijack this.

Edited by OldLeazes 25/1/2015 12:52
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 12:54 Post ID: #450310 - in reply to #450307
OldLeazes - 25/1/2015 12:46

Count me out of anything to do with Wraith.

We don't have to talk to anyone, it's over complicating things.

Just pick a match, and lets get going to it.

The rest will follow.

Personally, I want fuck all to do with any of the wankers that wear Wonga tops, and are looking for representation on the board, or dialogue with the club, or any of that tosh.

He was used as an example and wouldn't be involved as he has his own.

There will be thousands of people like us, some may be needing something to latch on to and a new club based in Newcastle to rival United means that the stigma of starting to follow an existing team wont be there from day one.

If it means getting some cash together, finding a suitable existing team, changing their name and so forth, then that is an option.

We can even base the kit on the colours we want, like black and white stripes but with a decent company making it. Heck, with the right coverage we could even get spnsors latching onto this and on the front.

The sky's the limit here with the right planning.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:01 Post ID: #450311 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Let's see how many we can attract first.

We don't need publicity hounds like Wraith.

Here's what you said TNMW

"The fact is that many have boycotted including many well known fans that we may have to get into discussions with some of them to see what we can do, this may need some lip biting from some but talk costs nowt, for example Steve Wraith runs that Dunston team now. He may be doing so to fill the gap that NUFC once filled, he could be the best bloke to talk to, maybe not but the main ambition for anything is egoes have to be left at the front step. We'll have to be all equal with no leaders

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.a...

Now, if that's not a suggestion to get in touch with Wraith then I don't know what it is. FFS, just put the statement I wrote on the front page, and we can direct people to it via Twitter and link it elsewhere. We don't need Newsnow (whoever the fuck they are) nor approval from Vital. if that is the case then we'll put it elsewhere. Let's not compromise ourselves by getting into bed with knackers like Wraith, nor bending over to please Vital or Newsnow.

Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:09 Post ID: #450312 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
Do what you're told TNMW.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:29 Post ID: #450314 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team Bench
Looks like there's a leader.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:36 Post ID: #450315 - in reply to #450312
Hugo45Viana - 25/1/2015 13:09

Do what you're told TNMW.

As if.

And OL, We're under a network and have to adhere to terms and conditions anyway, if anyone took any notice of the front page, they'd realise it's been there since 10 o clock this morning plus in the article sub forum since last night.

As for Wraith, he was the first bloke that came into my head and as I said in the example, biting lips may be needed to get the best advice. It's pointless trying something different if every idea is shot down and it doesn't mean that we have to use it.

The more ideas we get then the more chance we can find a solution that works. Apart from that, it's obvious that there has to be a leader in this because all that will happen is people will clash. For that reason, I feel like im stepping on toes by suggesting stuff, so im backing out for now.

Ive not got huffed, there's nee toys out the pram, just that differing opinions cause canyons to develop.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:43 Post ID: #450316 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
oh pipe down Viana, man. I used to like some of your posts, but you're boring us now. Have the decency to keep out of threads like this - it doesn't affect you. Better still - start your own post. And that's what it would be - a post. Then, you might, just might, realise you are talking to an empty room.

You're neither with us or one of us. And, more to the point, that's the way we like it.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:49 Post ID: #450317 - in reply to #450250
First Team Squad
Can we just get a few people together and go to the match first? I'm sure people will form their own groups and go to their own choice of games if it catches on. No doubt they'll claim the idea as "their own". That doesn't bother me, end of the day if different groups are going to different games then its still drawing away crowds from SJP.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:54 Post ID: #450319 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
I'm with you Ukrocks on that - get too many, too quickly might realise some of the fears that OL refers to. You wouldn't want a good idea strangled at birth because of immediate divisions within the camp or, worse still, hijacked. I wouldn't want to be associated with Wraith and co.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 13:55 Post ID: #450320 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Toony, fire away with as many ideas as you like, but this idea is a long standing one.

I'm simply saying we don't need the likes of Wraith, and we don't need a leader. Not yet, let one emerge, and people can choose to get behind them or not.

What terms and conditions exist that we have to adhere to? This is fuck all to do with Vital, and even less to do with Newsnow. We aren't looking for their support. All we're looking for is a place to put the statement I wrote, so that people can see what we're about. If they aren't happy for us to do that, without conditions, then take it down and we'll direct people elsewhere. We aren't reliant on them in any way at all. This is about promoting out campaign, not the TOTT website. They are two seperate entities. If we can have a link to the article, then great, but all this stuff about terms and conditions ... I didn't sign up for anything like that, and I won't. They have ZERO hold over us, and no say whatsoever in what goes in the statement.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:07 Post ID: #450325 - in reply to #450250
First Team Regular
I hope the toon get relegated and do a Leeds if Viana and Gillyboat are the kevel of our support nowadays. Fuck me what a pair of fuckwits.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:12 Post ID: #450326 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
It goes without saying, certainly to those that know me on here, I fully intend to support this.

I am also heartened that there seems to a be a few others that are mentioning, or at least facing up to a possibility, the idea (dream) of our own club.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:12 Post ID: #450327 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team Bench
Somebody's tired :)
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:14 Post ID: #450329 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Can we not rid ourselves of these two fuckwits?

They are here purely to antagonise, and offer nothing.

Please, you don't have to get involved, but leave those of us who do care about the club to discuss what may be done without your constant interference.

We know what you think. You won't be part of a boycott, or part of this, we get it.

What exactly are you here for ?
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:19 Post ID: #450330 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
That is my point - why don't you go and share a thread with Viana and leave us - those that want to do something about it - to our own devices? We are past "debate" now. When you press on with ridiculous arguments that are wholly contrary to the common consensus then you can only be classed as one thing - a WUM.

Edited by Finn_the_Dog 25/1/2015 14:20
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 14:25 Post ID: #450334 - in reply to #450250
International Star
Maybe we should have this debate in the VIP lounge?

Can Hugo get in there?

Any chance you can facilitate that TNMW?

In that way we may be able to have a private discussion, and keep the idiots away.

I'm sure they will find a way to see the posts, but they won't be able to join in.

Better for everyone.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 15:19 Post ID: #450344 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
Getting back on topic - little acorns and all that. Need to build slowly and set some foundations - not let an idea fizzle out straight away by flying off into all directions. As OL says - once momentum starts going - a leader, or choice of leaders, will emerge. It's only human nature.

Edited by Finn_the_Dog 25/1/2015 15:26
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 15:30 Post ID: #450345 - in reply to #450250
Ive deleted the article that contained OL's statement.

If it's any use I will link the exact words that OL used in his original piece via Twatter or somewhere.
Like post
Like this post
25 January 2015 15:33 Post ID: #450346 - in reply to #450250
Reserve Team
Right fine.

OL - or anyone - any ideas how to take further and promote?

Edited by Finn_the_Dog 25/1/2015 15:37
Like post
Like this post
Pages (5):
2 3 4 5
Jump to forum: