Rounding off the weekend
• Ronaldinho - don`t laugh! During out chitter-chatter with Barca of late we`ve asked them what it would take to prise the buck-toothed Brazilian away from the Nou Camp. In short? £58m. Mike`s chequebook swiftly went back into his jacket pocket;
• Lassana Diarra - has apparently rejected Chelsea`s latest contract offer and Sam wants to swoop for the bruising anchorman cum right back;
• Frank Signorino - ourselves and Wigan have inquired and held talks with Nantes about this left sided player. A left back from a relegated team? Dodgy ground;
• Peter Crouch - mentioned in despatches, but more likely to be on his way to Citeh. A simply laughable £20m fee mentioned in the NOTW;
• Aldo Duscher - sacked off after a day;
• Gabriel Heinze - being hounded by a host of Champions League clubs, making our chances of getting him slim to zero;
• Charles N`Zogbia - set to go all Oli Bernard on us and hand in a transfer request. If so I`d recommend him picking up a tape of Bernard`s career highlights since leaving SJP. Picks include relegation with Southampton, a cruciate knee injury whilst playing for the worst Gers team I can remember and then being rejected by Leeds and Sheffield United whilst on trial. Bonza career move;
• Wayne Bridge - looks to be out of the running after it was revealed he has a pelvic injury (oo-eerr) and will be out for three months.
Join Vital Newcastle United
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Newcastle.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.