Back to business
With the Hartlepool game a little more than a week away the transfer hype seems to have been cranked up a notch after a quiet week last week. Rumours include:
• Deco - depending on what source you read Barca are letting him go on the cheap to finance some light rebuilding. Supposedly due on Tyneside this week for a medical;
• Martins - has upped the pressure on the club by asking for an improved deal which will surely see him become the sacrificial lamb up front. The Independent believes that Arsenal will be making a £13m bid this week, triggering his release clause and starting the goodbye proceedings;
• Heinze - despite intense competition from Inter & AC Milan as well as Liverpool, most of the papers are suggesting that we are interested in entering the bidding war;
• Hangeland - happy to stay at FC Copenhagen but blatantly angling for a move away. Villa and West Ham linked;
• N`Zogbia - despite working his bollocks off on the pre-season tour of Austria, Bolton and West Ham are still being linked with last seaason`s bad lad.
Join Vital Newcastle United
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Newcastle.