Vital Football

Latest Newcastle United News

Let the big dogs roll

Let the big dogs roll

It`s a cheery goodbye to Freddy Shepherd`s stooges from the old board and a big 'hello` to some proper business people as Mike Ashley`s takeover finally reached a crescendo. Out went Dogless Hall, no doubt with a million quid in his back pocket as pay off, Shepherd`s brother Bruce, Hall`s sister Allison and Timothy Revill. In came Steve Hayward and Chris Mort from the City. Ashley is also rumoured to have hit the magic 90% number, meaning a compulsory buy out of the remaining 10% of the shares if true. Expect some Stock Exchange movement today.

Moving on, it looks like Mort will be performing the much-vaunted review of the club from top to bottom that Ashley requires before he`ll open that stuffed wallet of his. Speculation abounds this morning that £50million will be the price on the ticket for Big Sam. However once again the transfer targets we`re linked to hardly reflect the enormity of the kitty that will be coming into play. Habib Beye continues to be strongly linked and, whilst he is currently on his hollibobs, he`s expected to sign when he comes back for roughly £2m.

Other than that the trail seems to have gone cold on Diarra and Sagna, whilst the Hyppia saga rumbles on in the background, without getting any sort of approval from the fans. Too old, turning circle of a tank and too slow seem to be cropping up at regular junctures. No left backs have yet been mentioned in connection with the club, which remains the biggest disappointment.

Join Vital Newcastle United

It's easy to register for Vital Newcastle United, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved (you can even win prizes!) To visit the Vital Newcastle United message board, click here.

Get involved

This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Newcastle.



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Ross Molyneux
Date:Wednesday June 27 2007
Time: 8:37AM

Comments

0
Geddin. So happy to get the Halls off the books. Parasites.
BaldEagle
27/06/2007 09:12:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Best of Vital Network

Recent Newcastle United Articles

Another Game Moved For TV

This takes the games on TV to four and could be five with only eight games left

Benitez - Stay United For Huge Seven Weeks

Manager Rafa Benitez has called on Newcastle to remain united as we head into the final few weeks of the Championship campaign.

Sky Pick Up Cardiff Clash

Newcastle United's Championship clash against Cardiff City has been selected for live screening.

Whose Your Clubs' Lucky Scoring Omen?

Some clubs in the Premier League just seem to have a player with lady luck on their side and when they score in a game, that match always returns at least a point.

Archived TOTT Articles

TOTT articles from

Site Journalists

TNMW
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Birmingham MotM
Suggested By:
Darlow6%
Anita0%
Hanley9%
Lascelles0%
Dummett0%
Ritchie36%
Diame4%
Colback36%
Gouffran0%
Perez0%
Murphy9%
Sub-Gayle0%
Sub-Shelvey0%
Sub-Atsu0%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Newcastle 38 24 6 8 78 38
2 Brighton 38 23 8 7 77 30
3 Huddersfield 37 22 5 10 71 4
4 Leeds Utd 38 21 6 11 69 16
5 Reading 38 20 7 11 67 2
6 Sheff Wed 38 18 8 12 62 9
7 Fulham 38 16 13 9 61 19
8 Norwich 38 16 9 13 57 9
9 Preston 38 15 12 11 57 6
10 Derby County 38 14 11 13 53 3
11 Barnsley 38 14 9 15 51 0
12 Aston Villa 38 13 12 13 51 0
13 Cardiff 38 14 9 15 51 -1
14 Brentford 38 14 8 16 50 3
15 Q.P.R. 38 14 8 16 50 -5
16 Wolves 37 12 9 16 45 -2
17 Ipswich 38 10 15 13 45 -9
18 Birmingham 38 11 12 15 45 -16
19 Bristol City 38 11 8 19 41 -3
20 Forest 38 11 8 19 41 -11
21 Burton 38 10 11 17 41 -14
22 Blackburn 38 9 13 16 40 -11
23 Wigan 38 8 10 20 34 -13
24 Rotherham 38 4 5 29 17 -54
Vital Football Comment
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Write for Vital Football

Recent Newcastle United Results (view all)

Newcastle United Fixtures (view all)

Apr 1 2017 3:00PM : Wigan Athletic (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 5 2017 7:45PM : Burton Albion (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 8 2017 5:30PM : Sheffield Wednesday (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 14 2017 7:45PM : Leeds United (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 17 2017 3:00PM : Ipswich Town (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 24 2017 7:45PM : Preston North End (H)
Sky Bet Championship

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.CuckFan174
2.Toon_NoMatterWot134
3.PieMag69
4.keggy_keagal48
5.Mcnamee6748
6.The Pyrry31
7.Finn_the_Dog30
8.Neppos29
9.billybobcat27
10.McCreery23
The Vital Football Members League