Another week, the same old rumours
Summarising the latest rumours list, it`s got to be said that my mood is on pretty much an even keel with the weather. With Ashley sacking the current board it looked all set for a weekend of scurrilous rumours, tales of Adriano and Kaka. Instead we get some former Liverpool reserve and Luke Young. Kind of puts a dampner on the dream. Still - at least it wasn`t Marlon Harewood:
• Alan Smith - no-one`s heard a thing about the move in the North East. Boro have this morning had a £6m bid accepted. I can`t see Sam splashing £6m of his transfer kitty on Smith unless he knows something about Martins or Owen we don`t. I wouldn`t pay £6m whether we had no strikers - it`s extortionate;
• David Rozenhal - signing Wednesday. Looking forward to playing for club. Cited Shearer as part of his decision for wanting to sign for us. Nice;
• Alou Diarra - despite all of Pompey`s best efforts it looks as if money has talked again. We need to agree a fee with Lyon and he should be on his way. Another Amady Faye?
• Kieron Dyer - has been spotted training at West Ham`s ground. Hopefully him and his £80k a week wages will stay there next season;
• Oba Martins - still being heavily linked with a return to Italy. Over the weekend the coppers in Nigeria challenged his Snoop Dogg assassination story, saying he was tucked up round his mam`s house all evening. Gangsta dawg;
• Emre - I`m staying. For the fifth time. Galatasary and Fenerbache want him back allegedly;
• Maceo Rigters - feeding frenzy for the forward. Ten clubs are interested in the lad, who is supposed to be available for a song;
Join Vital Newcastle United
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Newcastle.