This morning's papers are speculating that Big Sam is eyeing Joey Barton as a Nolan-esque anchor in the middle of the park for Newcastle next season. In a move that would doubtless polarise the fans, even more than when Lee Bowyer signed, lets roll off Mr Barton's Hall of Shame:
1) Now then, now then - stubbing out a cigar in teammate James Tandy's eye at the clubs' Xmas bash. Barton was dressed as Sir Jimmy Saville at the time.
2) Far East Furore - Alleged to have assaulted a 15 year old Everton fan whilst on tour in Asia during pre-season.
3) Blue Moon - Bared his arse at Goodison Park following abuse from the Toffee's fans.
4) Taxxiiiiii - Arrested for assault and criminal damage in a dispute with a taxi driver.
5) Decking Dabo - Suspended by City at the end of last season for attacking Ousmane Dabo during a training session. Fled the country with scumbag agent Willy McKay.
All in all a crap rap sheet. Keep well clear Sam - the boy's bother.