Stressing out as a Newcastle fan?
Littlewoods Pools have issued a survey where they`ve weighed up just who has the most right to be stressed out as a football fan. This is worked out on the criteria of, I quote:
• The 'yo-yo effect', ie regular movement between divisions/leagues due to promotions and relegations;
• Narrowly missing out on promotion and/or relegation;
• Failing to win at home;
• Losing matches from a winning position;
• Losing in play-offs, particularly finals;
• Being involved in penalty shoot-outs, and cup ties which go into extra-time;
• Financial problems at the club, leading to uncertainty over its future and a detrimental effect on team performances;
• Changes in club ownership;
• Frequent changes in manager.
So where do you think we ranked? Given our constant throwing away of games, near misses and managerial changes I`d have said quite high. However the bigwigs had other ideas. We ended up ranked 82nd, with only 10 clubs less stressed than us. Sunderland, despite their confirmed status as 'the Yo-Yo` club, were only 65th, whilst Boro were 73rd. For the whole list try checking out the link:
Football Fever Survey