Normally I wouldn`t have nibbled on this but Julio Baptista has come out with some crackers about living the vida England. Reminiscent of Ginola`s wife breaking out in tears when she first saw Newcastle, he`s come up with some prize 'Continental` quotes that make some lovely generalisations. Really. Anyway here`s the nuggets:
• "The weather over here is killing me. We get one day of sunshine for every 30 days of rain."
• "The Premiership is very hard. I enjoy making clever touches but the game is so fast I don't have time to think."
• "My girlfriend and my mother are frightened about not seeing the sun in England. They miss being in Madrid.'
• "The teams from the north of England are terrible. When we play them I have counted their centre-backs booting up to 30 long balls upfield per game.The moment you stop to think, someone has taken the ball off you and knocked you to the ground.
• 'Over here they value a corner kick more than a fancy flick. I am lucky to be with Arsenal, as they are a team that likes to play proper football.'
Oooohhh! Handbags for Julio…