Writer: Ross Molyneux
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
The Daily Mail, never the most friendly paper to Newcastle, ran the latest horror story surrounding the club`s executive management. Apparently, after Ashley and Llambias gambled against each other in a SJP 'after party` following the Reading win, Llambias lost and ended up having to run across our hallowed turf naked. Other than the quite simply revolting thought of the wide boy`s petrified pecker being on show at our sacred cathedral, it again reminded me of Ashley`s penchant for taking a risk.
From his arrival to our current point his tenure has been one long string of lost gambles. These read:
- Taking the club on without due diligence. Worked well to the point the club had a debt crystallise instantly and Ashley had to whack in nearly £100m extra of his own brass to cover it.
- Sticking with, then sacking, Sam Allardyce.
- Appointing Keegan then believing him and Dennis Wise would rub along nicely.
- Spread betting on HBOS shares increasing. £400m of losses suggest he should close that account.
- Selling Milner minutes before the deadline and replacing him with Xisco (4 appearances) and Nacho Gonzalez (0 starts).
- Selling Given and N`Zogbia and replacing them with Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan.
- Keeping Chris Hughton in charge for so long.
- Appointing Shearer with 8 games left. Then snubbing him when he had the chance to rebuild and get some credibility.
- Joe 'Fu**ing` Kinnear.
- Putting the club back on the market. Three months later.
In the whole time Ashley`s only successful bet has been down at a casino in London where he won £1m on a James Bond style combo.
The reason I write this is that tomorrow I expect Ashley to again gamble and chase his losses by staying in charge. Four games without a defeat will no doubt have the fat knacka speculating that even if we sell a couple more players we`ll still bounce back straight away. All well and good with a fit squad but if we get suspensions (Smith, imminently) and injuries (anywhere on the park) we`ll sink like a stone.
Just for once it would be nice to see Ashley get out without gambling again and take the offer.
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
Ashamed of Newcastle United (Sunday April 20 2014)
NUFC v Swansea Match Thread (Saturday April 19 2014)
Possible NUFC Line Up v Swansea (Saturday April 19 2014)
Systematic (Thursday April 17 2014)
Pardew Defence League (Thursday April 17 2014)
The NUFC Gospel According To Tyler (Wednesday April 16 2014)
From Fortress To F*ck This (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Sacking form? Pardew v Press (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Who Could We Get? Gimme A Name! (Monday April 14 2014)
How to solve the dip in form at NUFC (Sunday April 13 2014)
|7. Man Utd||34||17||6||11||16||57|
|11. Crystal Palace||35||13||4||18||-13||43|
|12. West Ham||35||10||7||18||-10||37|
|Ashamed of Newcastle United
» Newcastle : 20/04/2014 20:48:00
|Vital Report: Cardiff 1 Stoke 1
» Cardiff : 20/04/2014 18:54:00
|United - No Cutting Edge!
» Man Utd : 20/04/2014 18:46:00
» Man Utd : 20/04/2014 18:39:00
» Everton : 20/04/2014 18:12:00
|Dear Randy...A Fans Retort
» Aston Villa : 20/04/2014 17:36:00
|City Defeated In Five Goal Thriller
» Norwich : 20/04/2014 17:04:00