Writer: Ross Molyneux
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
The Daily Mail, never the most friendly paper to Newcastle, ran the latest horror story surrounding the club`s executive management. Apparently, after Ashley and Llambias gambled against each other in a SJP 'after party` following the Reading win, Llambias lost and ended up having to run across our hallowed turf naked. Other than the quite simply revolting thought of the wide boy`s petrified pecker being on show at our sacred cathedral, it again reminded me of Ashley`s penchant for taking a risk.
From his arrival to our current point his tenure has been one long string of lost gambles. These read:
- Taking the club on without due diligence. Worked well to the point the club had a debt crystallise instantly and Ashley had to whack in nearly £100m extra of his own brass to cover it.
- Sticking with, then sacking, Sam Allardyce.
- Appointing Keegan then believing him and Dennis Wise would rub along nicely.
- Spread betting on HBOS shares increasing. £400m of losses suggest he should close that account.
- Selling Milner minutes before the deadline and replacing him with Xisco (4 appearances) and Nacho Gonzalez (0 starts).
- Selling Given and N`Zogbia and replacing them with Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan.
- Keeping Chris Hughton in charge for so long.
- Appointing Shearer with 8 games left. Then snubbing him when he had the chance to rebuild and get some credibility.
- Joe 'Fu**ing` Kinnear.
- Putting the club back on the market. Three months later.
In the whole time Ashley`s only successful bet has been down at a casino in London where he won £1m on a James Bond style combo.
The reason I write this is that tomorrow I expect Ashley to again gamble and chase his losses by staying in charge. Four games without a defeat will no doubt have the fat knacka speculating that even if we sell a couple more players we`ll still bounce back straight away. All well and good with a fit squad but if we get suspensions (Smith, imminently) and injuries (anywhere on the park) we`ll sink like a stone.
Just for once it would be nice to see Ashley get out without gambling again and take the offer.
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
Pardew - Newcastle To Bounce Back (Saturday December 20 2014)
Pardew Confident Of Aarons Signature (Friday December 19 2014)
Pardew Happy With Pre Sunderland Injury News (Friday December 19 2014)
Pardew Backs Alnwick Ahead Of Sunderland (Friday December 19 2014)
NUFC Fixture Changes For TV (Friday December 19 2014)
NUFC Influence Growing At Rangers (Friday December 19 2014)
Newcastle Upon Clyde (Friday December 19 2014)
John Alder's NUFC Collection To Be Auctioned (Thursday December 18 2014)
Pardew - We Can't Let The Fans Down Again (Thursday December 18 2014)
Alnwick Picks Up Shoulder Injury? (Thursday December 18 2014)
|12. Aston Villa||17||5||5||7||-10||20|
» Southampton : 20/12/2014 17:14:00
|West Ham 2 Leicester 0
» West Ham : 20/12/2014 17:13:00
» WBA : 20/12/2014 17:10:00
|Aston Villa 1 Manchester United 1
» Man Utd : 20/12/2014 17:05:00
» Q.P.R. : 20/12/2014 17:05:00