Writer: Ross Molyneux
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
The Daily Mail, never the most friendly paper to Newcastle, ran the latest horror story surrounding the club`s executive management. Apparently, after Ashley and Llambias gambled against each other in a SJP 'after party` following the Reading win, Llambias lost and ended up having to run across our hallowed turf naked. Other than the quite simply revolting thought of the wide boy`s petrified pecker being on show at our sacred cathedral, it again reminded me of Ashley`s penchant for taking a risk.
From his arrival to our current point his tenure has been one long string of lost gambles. These read:
- Taking the club on without due diligence. Worked well to the point the club had a debt crystallise instantly and Ashley had to whack in nearly £100m extra of his own brass to cover it.
- Sticking with, then sacking, Sam Allardyce.
- Appointing Keegan then believing him and Dennis Wise would rub along nicely.
- Spread betting on HBOS shares increasing. £400m of losses suggest he should close that account.
- Selling Milner minutes before the deadline and replacing him with Xisco (4 appearances) and Nacho Gonzalez (0 starts).
- Selling Given and N`Zogbia and replacing them with Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan.
- Keeping Chris Hughton in charge for so long.
- Appointing Shearer with 8 games left. Then snubbing him when he had the chance to rebuild and get some credibility.
- Joe 'Fu**ing` Kinnear.
- Putting the club back on the market. Three months later.
In the whole time Ashley`s only successful bet has been down at a casino in London where he won £1m on a James Bond style combo.
The reason I write this is that tomorrow I expect Ashley to again gamble and chase his losses by staying in charge. Four games without a defeat will no doubt have the fat knacka speculating that even if we sell a couple more players we`ll still bounce back straight away. All well and good with a fit squad but if we get suspensions (Smith, imminently) and injuries (anywhere on the park) we`ll sink like a stone.
Just for once it would be nice to see Ashley get out without gambling again and take the offer.
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
Unwanted Game To Be Shown Live (Thursday September 25 2014)
Toon Kids Triumph (Monday September 22 2014)
NUFC v Hull Review (Saturday September 20 2014)
Pardew in Stats (Thursday September 18 2014)
Good Luck Jonas (Thursday September 18 2014)
Aarons Blow Should Be No Loss (Tuesday September 16 2014)
What's The Point? (Monday September 15 2014)
The Shocking Truth (Sunday September 14 2014)
Southampton v NUFC Line Ups (Saturday September 13 2014)
Southampton v NUFC Match Review (Saturday September 13 2014)
|16. Hull City||6||1||3||2||-2||6|
|Pardew Still In Charge Of Newcastle For Saturday
» Swansea : 01/10/2014 15:07:00
|Irvine Gives Pre Liverpool Injury Update
» WBA : 01/10/2014 13:08:00
|United Chase Turin Duo?
» Man Utd : 01/10/2014 13:07:00
» Man Utd : 01/10/2014 13:06:00
|Football vs Golf
» Aston Villa : 01/10/2014 12:54:00