Writer: Ross Molyneux
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
The Daily Mail, never the most friendly paper to Newcastle, ran the latest horror story surrounding the club`s executive management. Apparently, after Ashley and Llambias gambled against each other in a SJP 'after party` following the Reading win, Llambias lost and ended up having to run across our hallowed turf naked. Other than the quite simply revolting thought of the wide boy`s petrified pecker being on show at our sacred cathedral, it again reminded me of Ashley`s penchant for taking a risk.
From his arrival to our current point his tenure has been one long string of lost gambles. These read:
- Taking the club on without due diligence. Worked well to the point the club had a debt crystallise instantly and Ashley had to whack in nearly £100m extra of his own brass to cover it.
- Sticking with, then sacking, Sam Allardyce.
- Appointing Keegan then believing him and Dennis Wise would rub along nicely.
- Spread betting on HBOS shares increasing. £400m of losses suggest he should close that account.
- Selling Milner minutes before the deadline and replacing him with Xisco (4 appearances) and Nacho Gonzalez (0 starts).
- Selling Given and N`Zogbia and replacing them with Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan.
- Keeping Chris Hughton in charge for so long.
- Appointing Shearer with 8 games left. Then snubbing him when he had the chance to rebuild and get some credibility.
- Joe 'Fu**ing` Kinnear.
- Putting the club back on the market. Three months later.
In the whole time Ashley`s only successful bet has been down at a casino in London where he won £1m on a James Bond style combo.
The reason I write this is that tomorrow I expect Ashley to again gamble and chase his losses by staying in charge. Four games without a defeat will no doubt have the fat knacka speculating that even if we sell a couple more players we`ll still bounce back straight away. All well and good with a fit squad but if we get suspensions (Smith, imminently) and injuries (anywhere on the park) we`ll sink like a stone.
Just for once it would be nice to see Ashley get out without gambling again and take the offer.
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
Cabella Out Of Villa Clash - Tiote For The Season (Friday February 27 2015)
Everton Game Moved (Friday February 27 2015)
Newcastle United Walking Wounded - Injury List (Friday February 27 2015)
Carver Pre Villa - Janmaat & Gutierrez (Thursday February 26 2015)
Roberts Gets Newcastle Recall (Thursday February 26 2015)
Players Of Interest? (Wednesday February 25 2015)
Newcastle v Aston Villa - Moving On From Debacle! (Wednesday February 25 2015)
Gutierrez Playing Confusion (Wednesday February 25 2015)
Garde Has Some Press Fun (Tuesday February 24 2015)
Carver Talks Service & Cisse (Tuesday February 24 2015)
|8. West Ham||26||10||9||7||8||39|
|13. Crystal Palace||26||6||9||11||-9||27|
|Liverpool: LFC Cleared Of FFP Breach
» Liverpool : 27/02/2015 20:26:00
|Previous Line-Ups: Burnley vs Swansea City
» Swansea : 27/02/2015 20:00:00
|'Burnley Are Very High Tempo & Very Intense'
» Swansea : 27/02/2015 19:29:00
|Same Again at Burnley? Or Back To Wingers?
» Swansea : 27/02/2015 19:17:00
|Chelsea v Spurs - The Statistics
» Chelsea : 27/02/2015 18:38:00