Writer: Ross Molyneux
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
The Daily Mail, never the most friendly paper to Newcastle, ran the latest horror story surrounding the club`s executive management. Apparently, after Ashley and Llambias gambled against each other in a SJP 'after party` following the Reading win, Llambias lost and ended up having to run across our hallowed turf naked. Other than the quite simply revolting thought of the wide boy`s petrified pecker being on show at our sacred cathedral, it again reminded me of Ashley`s penchant for taking a risk.
From his arrival to our current point his tenure has been one long string of lost gambles. These read:
- Taking the club on without due diligence. Worked well to the point the club had a debt crystallise instantly and Ashley had to whack in nearly £100m extra of his own brass to cover it.
- Sticking with, then sacking, Sam Allardyce.
- Appointing Keegan then believing him and Dennis Wise would rub along nicely.
- Spread betting on HBOS shares increasing. £400m of losses suggest he should close that account.
- Selling Milner minutes before the deadline and replacing him with Xisco (4 appearances) and Nacho Gonzalez (0 starts).
- Selling Given and N`Zogbia and replacing them with Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan.
- Keeping Chris Hughton in charge for so long.
- Appointing Shearer with 8 games left. Then snubbing him when he had the chance to rebuild and get some credibility.
- Joe 'Fu**ing` Kinnear.
- Putting the club back on the market. Three months later.
In the whole time Ashley`s only successful bet has been down at a casino in London where he won £1m on a James Bond style combo.
The reason I write this is that tomorrow I expect Ashley to again gamble and chase his losses by staying in charge. Four games without a defeat will no doubt have the fat knacka speculating that even if we sell a couple more players we`ll still bounce back straight away. All well and good with a fit squad but if we get suspensions (Smith, imminently) and injuries (anywhere on the park) we`ll sink like a stone.
Just for once it would be nice to see Ashley get out without gambling again and take the offer.
Date:Sunday August 23 2009
Janmaat Set For Exit? (Sunday April 26 2015)
Carver Accused Of Abuse Again (Saturday April 25 2015)
Audio - Not Good Enough Again (Saturday April 25 2015)
Stats: Newcastle v Swansea (Saturday April 25 2015)
de Jong Back For NUFC (Saturday April 25 2015)
Colo Part Of The Problem (Saturday April 25 2015)
Newcastle v Swansea - Team Sheets (Saturday April 25 2015)
Carver Losing The Plot. (Saturday April 25 2015)
Toon Boycott Calls Gather Momentum (Friday April 24 2015)
More From Carver Ahead Of Swansea (Friday April 24 2015)
|11. Crystal Palace||33||11||9||13||-3||42|
|15. Aston Villa||34||8||8||18||-22||32|
|17. Hull City||32||6||10||16||-16||28|
|Team News: Arsenal vs Chelsea
» Arsenal : 26/04/2015 15:58:00
» Everton : 26/04/2015 15:35:01
» Man Utd : 26/04/2015 15:26:01
|Arsenal v Chelsea - Team-Sheets
» Chelsea : 26/04/2015 15:15:01
|A Magnificent Six in PFA PL Team!
» Chelsea : 26/04/2015 15:12:00