Habib appeal lodged
Following Styles` quite ludicrous sending off of Habib Beye last night, the FA have confirmed that the club have lodged an immediate appeal to get the potential suspension quashed. Beye would miss the massive match against the mackems should it stand, leaving us shorn of our one specialist right back. The FA said:
"A claim for wrongful dismissal has been received from Newcastle United defender Habib Beye. Beye was shown a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during Newcastle's match against Manchester City on Monday 20 October. A Regulatory Commission will consider the claim on Thursday 23 October."
Previously JFK said:
"'I have had a chat with him (Styles) and he is prepared to have a look at it, and he will let me know his views in four or five days. It was a hard one to call, but, like all of us, referees make mistakes. When (Styles) has a look and sees it was a fair tackle I hope he will be good enough to adjust the decision that he has made. It's a hard thing to do but sometimes it's the truth that comes out. It's not the penalty that I'm worried about, it's the suspension, the loss of the player. We're in a position where that's the last thing we need to happen to us.'